Wednesday 14 February 2018

Valentine's Sven

So here we are half way through Half Term, it's Valentine's Day AND Ash Wednesday. There's a lot going on. I felt the need to break out Sven to make my husband's card. I love Sven. I can't seem to stop colouring him - I made this card a couple of years ago!



I've used quite a lot of NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff - see Darnell for more details on this!) from my January haul video, including the heart stencil and stitched heart peekaboo die both from MFT.

Sven is coloured in with Copic markers and then fussy cut. I used some Barn Door distress ink with the stencil on a white card blank and then covered it over with some red card which I'd die cut using the Peekaboo die. I popped it up on foam tape.


I popped Sven into the opening using some more foam tape - I wanted you to see him rather than covering him all up - and the sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted Tiny Type set.

Lots of red, lots of Sven. What's not to love? Happy Crafting and thanks for popping by :)

As for Lent.... I shall be giving up chocolate and crisps for the next 40 days and donating some money to the British Heart Foundation. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

LaurieC said...

Sven is just too darned handsome! I love the way you've coloured him and the layout of this card, hubby should be impressed:). Wishing you the best of luck abstaining from chocolate and crisps xoxo

Darnell said...

Oh, Ruth, you are a better woman than I to give up BOTH chocolate AND crisps! I'm going to plead age dispensation on those items and just make a donation instead as I feel it will be detrimental to the Mister's mental and physical well-being if those items were suddenly eliminated from my daily food groups. (He just stopped by and read this over my shoulder and all the color drained from his face. Announcing he was heading to the chocolatiers, he fairly ran out of the room! Smart man!) In the meantime, excellent job using your NBUS to make your mister his Valentine! He will love it! Sven looks might fine popping through that heart!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa T said...

Sven has been one of your most loved and coloured stamps and it’s fab to see him make another appearance today and show his romantic side! I love how you used the stencil, perfect with the peekaboo heart and then topped off with Sven at the front, it’s adorable! Good luck with the crisps andmchocolate, I am cheering you on and wishing I could be as disciplined!! Xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love Sven Ruth! You have coloured him beautifully, as usual! Great design! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Blog design by aleelilydesigns