Monday 23 July 2018

Hanging About - Sugar Pea Super Guest Designer #2

I am terrible at sending birthday cards, so I tend to focus on cards I can send out at any time of the year. The Chunky Monkey set is very versatile with different cute images and perfect for birthdays and all year round cards.



Do you know the story of Day Monkey, Night Monkey by Julia Donaldson? My youngest has it and it was her favourite book for ages. She had two little monkeys that she took to bed every night for weeks, so as soon as I saw these monkeys I had to colour them the same. It's such a sweet story for bedtime reading.

I stamped them on Copic friendly cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured them in with my Copics, one light, one dark. I then fussy cut them out, cutting between the two tails so I could cut all the white away.

I stamped the branch onto another piece of Copic cardstock and coloured with my Copic markers. I then cut around the branch, and you could partially die cut the circle with your Zig Zag Stitched Circles as it will just leave the aperture and not the stitching.

I took an A2 (US) white card blank and marked lightly on it where the aperture would be and masked a rectangle around it. I then inked the area in distress inks to make a sunset scene.

I die cut the branch panel out with the scalloped die from the SugarCut - Birthday Journal Card and stamped the sentiment from the Chunky Monkey set at the bottom. 

All I then needed to do was assemble it. I used foam tape to place the branch panel on top of the card blank and very gently glued the monkey tails over the branch and applied a little glue behind the dark brown monkey for security.



Thank you so much for joining me today. Happy Crafting :) 

4 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful sponged bg to these 2 fun friends ☺ congrats on the gd spot too

Lisa T said...

An absolutely adorable card Ruth. I love the two sweet little monkeys and you know I always love a sunset background. It’s a lovely design and a card that will make anyone smile, whatever time of year! Super cute! Xx

Michelle Short said...

I missed this one! I’m so sorry. How cute is this card? It’s adorable! I love the cute monkeys and they work perfectly with the sunset you have added behind. Love this card! xx

mycardattic said...

Oh Ruth! That is just so adorable! And the colouring is just amazing! LOVE it! Thank you so very much for stopping by today, I don't deserve everyone's loyalty, but am humbled and grateful to have it! Have a lovely day my friend! Hazel xx

Blog design by aleelilydesigns