Monday 15 January 2018

Flower Challenge #16 - Reminder - Spotlight Stamping

Welcome back to the reminder post for this month's Flower Challenge #16, which is all about Spotlight Stamping.


I decided to use one small stamp and to stamp it several times onto some watercolour cardstock with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink. I then took my Daniel Smith Hero Arts Palette dot sheet and coloured one of the images to spotlight it. 


I used quinacridone fuschia for the petals. Don't you just love the word Quinacridone? Being a bit of a linguaphile, I had to know more about it, and the quinacridone wikipedia entry is a wealth of knowledge - complete with a molecule!

I stamped the sentiment from Clearly Besotted onto some vellum with my as yet unused Stazon Ink - now that has an interesting smell!! - as I wanted to see how it fares. No wonder people love it for stamping on acetate, it works a treat. I wrapped the vellum overlay around the card and then attached it to a card blank.

I hope this gives you some inspiration and I can't wait to see what you come up with. Happy Crafting Everyone!









5 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

I like the creative way in which you chose to spotlight your pretty flowers...lovely card.
xx Karen

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, I always think that stazon smells like a cross between marzipan and playdough!

Lisa T said...

The quinacridones are amazing colours aren't they - the gold is just gorgeous - I need to find something to watercolour that really lets that one shine! Also whilst I remember, I have started using Versafine Onyx Black for my watercolour stamping, it doesn't stain the stamps like Archival and is just as good. And one less ink pad to have in your stash. And the smell of Staz-on... yeah. weird. Anyhow, back to your card, you know from IG that I love it. Always adore the spotlight stamping technique and I think flowers are perfect because they should always be centre stage! Gorgeous watercolouring too Ruth, Lisa xx

Viv said...

Great card again Ruth...and yes I love the word quinacridone too ;) hugs Viv xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE those 'Macintosh' roses Ruth! And the spotlighting is just terrific, really makes it stand out from the 'crowd'. Great design my friend! Have a lovely evening! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Blog design by aleelilydesigns