Sunday 13 September 2015

More Thanks with Mama Elephant

Ha, bet you didn't expect to see me again so soon, but I told you I couldn't put down the Mama Elephant Heartfelt Wishes stamp, didn't I, so I have these to show you too!

This is the stamp set that just keeps on giving! You could do this design in so many different ways and I have plans to make a couple a week until after Christmas so I can use them to say thanks for Christmas gifts :)


The first two were so much fun to make, I made some more the next day!



Really simple with stamping the same sentiment in grey ink - I used Memento London Fog, but I don't think it gives terribly great coverage - across a piece of card cut to fit the card blank. I stamped the 'Thanks' onto the card too in varying Ranger Dye ink colours, but then decided I wanted it to pop out more, so stamped it again onto another piece of card, cut it out and adhered it with foam tape. I attached this to the card front, then added enamel dots and sequins (with glossy accents for a change!). Which do you prefer? I think I might have to get some enamel dots, I really liked them on the blue and red cards. They were part of my giveaway win from Liz over at Buttons For Brains.






Supplies: Neenah Classic Crest 110lb card stock; Paper trimmer; Memento London Fog; Ranger Dye Inks; Foam Tape; Little Things from Lucy's Cards Lemon Sherbet and Lime Cordial; Enamel dots; Ranger Glossy Accents

As always, thank you so much for reading my blog and leaving your lovely comments. Hope the rest of the weekend continues to be great for you.




8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I really love the enamel dots and sequins all the same! They both look like candy to me so I'm always captivated by them, lol. The way you popped up the colorful sentiment is awesome! Awesome cards!

Unknown said...

Lovely cards Ruth and so lucky to be a recipient of one of your creations :) Thank you so much! You can never have too many enamel dots! LOL
Dawn x

Aileen said...

Love how you used this stamp set. Looking outside the box as they say. I saw the stampset and only thought mmmmm can use that and that but not that. Whereas you looked at it as a whole, clever you. Great cards with the pop of colour too.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun cards -- super easy to make, but a perfect TY card :)

Liz McGuire, said...

Really cool cards but those enamel dots are super special!!

Liz x

Pop's Cards said...

These are gorgeous sweetie :0)) hugs Pops x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are fun!

Marika said...

Very lovely set of thank you card! Easy to reproduce. Love the clean and simple take on these.

Blog design by aleelilydesigns