Friday 9 October 2015

Christmas - Already?

Hello, fellow Craftaholics! Can you believe I've made some Christmas cards? Me who never considers Christmas until after her birthday at the end of November? Well, issue 142 of Simply Cards and Papercraft landed on the doormat and as soon as I saw the stamps I had to ink them up (see Instagram for pictures!). It's taken me a couple of days to get round to finishing the cards, but here they are:



That snow globe was crying out to be a shaker card, and so that's what I made!

For the snowman card, I stamped the snow globe onto some white card using Versafine Onyx Black ink - it's my new pad, so I'm trying it out lots! I then cut a rectangle out around it using my Memory Box stitched rectangle dies. I then cut out the centre of the snow globe with a craft knife - if you have circle dies, check them first to see if they fit - definitely makes it easier. 

I covered the aperture with acetate and surrounded it on the back with foam pads. I then used my powder tool on the acetate to stop the sequins from sticking, put the last of my Glacier sequins in and attached a piece of watercolour paper that I'd previously made (see Instagram again!) to the back to secure it all in place. I then adhered it to an A2 card base which I'd covered with some Lawn Fawn Let's Bokeh paper. I glued the snowman into place and added the sentiment to the top - I also added a bit of Wink of Stella to the snowman, the snow globe and the sentiment - a bit? I.e. A lot!


For the other snow globe, I did much the same with creating the shaker section. I used two thicknesses of fun foam rather than foam pads, and used another of the stamps to create a background to the snow globe and added in a whole load of Pretty Pink Posh Clear Sparkling sequins that I won in Lydia Evans' giveaway. They are lovely sequins! I like how it covers the 'Let It Snow' and when you tip the card up, it reveals it.


[Supplies: Simply Cards and Papercraft Issue 142; Hobbycraft Premium White A4 Card 300gsm; VersaFine Onyx Black; Craft knife; Memory Box Stitched Rectangles Dies; Foam Pads; Fun Foam; Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Glacier Shaker Selection; Double Sided Tape; Sticky Red Tape; Pretty Pink Posh Clear Sparkling Sequins; Lawn Fawn Let's Bokeh in the Snow Paper Pad; Glitz Black and White Paper Pad; Wink of Stella Brush Pen; Wink of Stella 8mm Tip Pen; Caran D'Ache Metallic Pencils]

I then attached it to an A6 card base that I covered in some patterned paper I won in Liz McGuire's giveaway. I have won a lot of giveaways lately!!!

For the price of a magazine, this has fantastic stamps and there's even an embossing folder. I have a huge number of Christmas stamps now, it's unlikely I will need many more ever.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings. Also a huge hello to all of you who popped over to see me from Aileen's blog, Colour and Sparkle and from Liz's blog as well, I've really appreciated it. Look out for more Copic colouring next week. I haven't coloured for a couple of days and I have been missing it!



7 comments:

Aileen said...

Great cards, they look so pretty. I cant decide which I like best. i cant believe how much shaker stuff you put in. I have made a baby shaker card (not posted yet) and was very frugle with it. I dont have much and dont have the different sizes as its too expensive to get from America at the moment so I want it to last. Or is it just I dont like the thought of using up all my precious little pretties hehehe (lord of the rings reference there). I need to go to mum and dads again on Monday for a couple of days. Busy making cards to cover the time away.

Vicki Dutcher said...

HA! I went to comment, got distracted by clicking on your Instagram - popping over to Aileen's blog -- asking you questions and thought wait.. I forgot to comment! So, I am back (20 min later) to say I love your fun cards! Snowglobes are a favorite of mine and these are fabulous~ :)

Pop's Cards said...

I love shaker cards they are such fun, love these 2 gorgeous creations hugs Pops x

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

These snow globes cards are so much fun! They're so pretty! Whoever receives them would be so happy!

Leigh Penner said...

These are fabulous, Ruth!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE those pretty shakers Ruth! Especially the second one! Have a lovely week! Hazel xx

Marika said...

These are cool, holiday cards, Ruth! Love the shaker element in particular!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns