Wednesday 6 September 2017

The Card Concept #77

Hello Everyone, I'm delighted to be able to tell you that some time ago I was asked to join The Card Concept Design Team and so here I am with my first post. If you don't know this challenge, it's a fortnightly challenge with a photo to inspire you to make a card in one of 6 different styles. I have to tell you it's a lot of fun to try something different and that's what I've done today, something completely different to my usual style.


I've gone all shabby chic and vintage! I saw the woodgrain, the flowers and the texture on bag and felt it needed something with lots of texture.


My magazine dies came in handy again, and I started off by making some little felt flowers in autumnal colours.



It's a bit fiddly to get them right, but like everything practice makes perfect. I had found a piece of woodgrain paper that was in a paper pad that I bought when I first discovered Hobbycraft had opened in my town 3 years ago. These things eventually come in handy!

I cut the panel down to size and inked up the sides of an A2 (US) card base with some Spiced Marmalade distress ink and an ink duster. I attached the paper to the front and then stamped the sentiment using my Precision Press.

I decided it still looked a little too clean, so I found some self adhesive lace a crafty friend had given me and placed it around the frame on the woodgrain. I then attached the flowers above the sentiment.



It feels good to try something in a completely different style to my usual and I hope you'll give it a go. Thank you so much for visiting me today. Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Cara said...

Congratulations! Love all the texture on your card x

Lisa T said...

Congratulations on the Design Team place Ruth! Love how you incorporated the sketch into your design. You are right there is a reason we hang onto patterned papers and this one fits perfectly. The sentiment is just right and what a great find that little flower die was - and you got to use up some of that felt you are hoarding too! Lots of dimension and texture on this pretty card! xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Woot, woot! Big congrats - you'll be such an asset on that team! Love your warm and fuzzy felt flowers!

Julie Gearinger said...

Ruth, welcome to The Card Concept! I love your felt flowers as well as that gorgeous texture of the crochet lace- just perfect! I am so thrilled to have you on the Design Team- hugs, sweet friend!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns