Friday 17 August 2018

My First Box Card

If you've been following my recent exploits on Instagram you'll have seen me advertising that I was going to make a box card. Well. I did! I've never made one before, feeling that they were quite a lot of work and I'd need at least a week to make one. 



Well, turns out they aren't too bad after all. I watched Ale Suta's video and had a read of this tutorial from Papermill Direct. Once you've worked out the basic principals of the box card, it's not too difficult to put it all together.

I finally got round to colouring in all these images from the Go Wild Again set from Clearly Besotted. I used my Copic markers and then fussy cut them out. A poll on Instagram suggests many of you don't like fussy cutting, but I LOVE it, so I even cut out the little frogs.

I made up my box card with some Stampin' Up papers I hadn't got round to using yet, and attached all the images with thin strips of acetate. The box card then folds down to a nice square size and then will pop up again quite happily.



They really look very effective, and although they take a bit of time to put together, the results are worth it. Definitely one to do again.

Thanks for popping by!

4 comments:

Lisa T said...

Absolutely love this! Box cards are so fun, to make and I imagine to receive although I’ve never had one sent to me. I think people do think they are a lot of work, but you are right, once you get your head around them, they are not that tricky. I think also, if you make the bases up beforehand, you can really put them together quickly. I am still thinking I would like a box card die though haha!! Love your colouring of this set Ruth, it’s all just too cute!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well done! Looks fabulous

Michelle Short said...

Wow! This is fantastic, Ruth! What an amazing card. I love that you did the box and your colouring on the images is wonderful! xx

Mary Holshouser said...

I just made my first box card a couple weeks ago.
they were so much easier than I thought they
would be. Love the elephant in your box.
Wonderful project.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Blog design by aleelilydesigns