Wednesday 26 February 2020

Long time no see.... and Stamping Bella Rachel Loves the Rain

You may not know it, but I actually have been doing some card making behind the scenes. Just not blogging about it. Well, a chat with my business coach Lynsey from the Handmade Business Hub (best money spent every month I can assure you!) got me thinking about blogs again. Naturally it related to my Etsy business - take a look at my new look and name change! - but I thought to myself, since I already have an established blog, why not spent some time revisiting and blogging on it before I move to business blogging. Besides I realised I missed not doing it even with cards.


I've also started a small craft club in a local supermarket once a month where a few of us get together to eat cake, craft and sit and chat. It's the one place I can get some peace and quiet to craft and this is what I made at our last session.

I've been going through my card making supplies for a bit of a destash and found this Stamping Bella set which was one of the first I ever bought, and it is still a favourite. Obviously I was inspired by the recent weather from Storm Ciara and Storm Dennis here in the UK. If only I'd looked that good when escaping the hail stones at the school gate...


She's simply stamped and coloured with Copics. I haven't done a course for a while, so I'm hoping Faye runs some more. I could do with a refresher on skin and folds - well basically anything at all, because it's been so long!

I then just mounted her onto a nice purple star background onto a C5 card - I've stopped making my own cards as I just don't have the time to cut and fold.



I hope to be back with more cards over the coming weeks, so would love it if you would check in. Hope life is treating you all well.

Happy Crafting Everyone!

4 comments:

Michelle Short said...

Lovely to see you back blogging here, Ruth! What a beautiful card, I love that image and it’s perfect for our current weather! Great colouring xx

Darnell said...

Hey, Ruth, how awesome to see you in Blogland! I love your pretty little lady and think your coloring is great! Love that sweet heart-shaped puzzle!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa T said...

You don't look like you need much of a refresher on your colouring, it looks fab to me! You couldn't have picked a more apt image could you, as I sit here looking out at a flooded patio and listening to the winds coming through the vents in the doors! Glad you managed to carve out some time to make a few cards and I think the craft club is a great idea xxx

Alanna said...

Hi Ruth! It's so good to see you again. Your card is super cute.

Blog design by aleelilydesigns