Wednesday 5 July 2023

Flowers are Forever...



Photograph of a card on an orange background with Copic marker pens on the left and the stamp set used on the right. The image on the white card is of a small bear holding a flower. The sentiment is 'Good Luck'

How many of you have been with me on my journey from my very first card way back in 2015? Can you remember when I joined The Flower Challenge? A card making challenge set up by one of my very earliest card making buddies, Aileen. Well, don't be shocked when I tell you it was 7 years ago. Truly it is because this month they are having a challenge and a celebration as Aileen and Viv retire.

I was touched when Viv emailed me to ask me to join in with this challenge. I've hardly been in touch and it has been nearly 2 years since I last blogged anything, but I couldn't say no.

I've been getting back in to card making, mostly thanks to my friend Kylie who lives a 20 minute walk from me and is a Stampin' Up demonstrator. I've got back into going to her monthly card classes and now that I'm gainfully employed in retail with a regular salary again, I've been saving up for some new purchases. Watch this space for more cards to come!

This challenge is Anything Goes, which can be a double edged sword really with having to decide without any restrictions and that means endless possibilities with a whole host of stamps I could use. In the end I decided to use the Sweet Floral Friends stamp set from Clearly Besotted to make a couple of Good Luck cards.

A hand coloured image of a small brown bear holding a daffodil on a white card background. The sentiment says 'Good Luck'

In my usual style it's pretty simple with an image coloured using Copic markers popped up on foam pads onto a white background and a coloured card base. I do love the Stampin' Up card stock for their vibrant colours. The sentiment is from the set.

So this is a way for me to say to Aileen and Viv, Thank You for giving me the opportunity 7 years ago to join a great team, I'm glad that it's still around and going strong and Good Luck to you stepping down and to Karren taking on the mantle of leadership.

Photograph of a card on an orange background with Copic marker pens on the left and the stamp set used on the right. The image on the white card is of a small bear holding a daffodil. The sentiment is 'Good Luck'

I hope you'll join in, after all, Anything Goes!

Happy Crafting, Ruth x

No comments:

Blog design by aleelilydesigns