Tuesday 28 April 2015

A bit of a haul...

Hello! I got a  bit carried away last week and made quite a few purchases. I love Michelle Short's haul videos over on her blog, The Card Grotto, and whilst I can't compete with her on quality of blog and video, I can express the same enthusiasm for buying new things.

I have coined a new phrase: The Impoverished Happy Crafter. I am she. I suspect at times you are too. There is so much out there, so many lovely things I could use, and so little money in my bank account. I would rival Carrie from Sex and the City's shoe purchases with crafty ones if I could afford it!

So, here we are, my Make the Day Special Lawn Fawn and Mama Elephant purchases. I didn't get the Up and Away dies when I bought the stamps, but should have really. I've wanted the Let's Polka paper range for ages - Let's Polka and Let's Polka Mon Amie, plus some stitched square frames, and last but not least, the Best Pun Ever stamps and dies just had to be mine. I've been on the look out for a decent teapot and cup and this was it. Lovely!


One of my earlier posts was about the Ranger Dye Inks. I had a couple of questions from some bloggers about them. I'll pass my answers on: They didn't bleed when brushed with water and you will need a decent stamp cleaner, because the stamps I used have stained. I know Stazon cleaner is what a lot of people use, but I have heard it can damage clear stamps over time, so I haven't bought any yet. I need to do some research on stamp cleaners, otherwise everything I own will be stained!

Still, I bought the rest of them for the rather reasonable price of £3.75 each from Inkylicious. They were also selling all twelve for £42...

I also bought some Wink of Stella pens - a brush and a fine. I've seen them used on projects a lot, so I thought it was time to try them out.


I'm off to do a bit of crafting now the kiddies are in bed. Can't wait. I've been like an overgrown child at Christmas today - desperate to open those last two packages!

Thanks for reading. Happy Tuesday :)

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so fun! Enjoy your new goodies!

Stephanie said...

Nice haul! Isn't Lawn Fawn the best? :) And the "impoverished happy crafter" moniker is hilarious and sometimes applies to me, too. Oops! And how did you get your pictures to go into the "lightbox" effect?? It took me ages to get it working and I feel like it shouldn't have been as difficult as it was xD

Ruth said...

Thanks! My first Lawn Fawn - I may be buying more! As for effects on Instagram (I'm assuming that's what you meant?), I just picked a filter from the bottom of the app when I took a photo :) xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun haul! Can't wait to see how you like the new dye inks from Ranger!

maria f. said...

Ooohhh, now that looks fun.

Blog design by aleelilydesigns