Monday 6 April 2015

Monkey baby

A friend had baby no. 2 last week. Another little boy. Time for a card! I've been thinking about it for the past week and decided I'd incorporate it into the Tic Tac Toe challenge from Make The Day Special. I've chosen the diagonal Metal/Metallics-Circles-Stripes. It actually turned out pretty much how I envisaged it which is a first!



I started by stamping the balloons from the Up and Away Mama Elephant set onto a piece of white card using Memento Tuxedo Black. I coloured the balloons in with my new metallic pencils from Caran D'Ache. I love them and have to use them again soon! I cut them out (I need to get the dies to go with this set) and attached them with foam pads to the stamp on the card blank. I stamped the monkey onto the card blank holding the balloon strings and coloured him in with my Derwent Artists Pencils.

Now, the tricky bit was the tail and the little blue bundle. I used a cut out balloon to create a stencil of the bundle and cut it out of white paper then inked it up with in Aspen Mist. I got some blue and white twine and tied it round the neck of the bundle. I then stamped the monkey's tail onto some white card, coloured it in and then cut it out - that was hard! I then threaded the twine through the tail and stuck it onto the monkey and a foam pad under the bundle. Think it works well!

The jungle is the free Clearly Besotted fuschia stamp from Simply Cards and Papercraft issue 133 and stamped multiple times in Hint of Pesto. The sentiment is also from Clearly Besotted (yes I am!) and their Sweet Little Sentiments set.

I added the stripes from my Pebbles basics set down the side because I needed stripes for the challenge.

Thanks so much for reading. Please feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. I hope you've had a great Easter weekend. 

13 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, WOW this is simply stunning ♥ Pops x

Ruth said...

Thank you Pops. Glad you had a good Easter. The sunshine has made a big difference! Xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute! Love those forefront leaves

Ruth said...

Thank you Vicki. It turned out rather well!

Squirrel x said...

This is fab hun! Love that little monkey, such a clever card. Hugs xx

Ruth said...

Thank you Squirrel. Xx

laury55 said...

so pretty....and the balloon colored with metallic pencil look great

Ruth said...

Thank you Laury, that's really kind. xx

Claire said...

Awesome card, I love the metallic balloons and this is one of my favourite stamp sets!

Ruth said...

Thank you! The stamps are so cute, I love them. I'm going to have to get more Mama Elephant I think!

Kate said...

Absolutely adorable, im sure the person receiving this will love it :) Thanks for playing along at Make the day special stamp store.
Kate xx

Ruth said...

Thank you. It's been a fun challenge. xx

Keren Baker said...

Great idea- love the twine- it was well worth it! Thanks for joining in with the MTDS challenge x

Blog design by aleelilydesigns