Friday 10 April 2015

Butterflies and colours challenge

In a bit of a blog hop at the start of the week, I discovered House of Cards Challenge. I loved the colours of this month's challenge, so I thought I'd give it a go. I ended up doing two cards, the first of which I thought I'd enter. Challenges are new to me, but I'm constantly amazed at how different crafters interpret the brief. Such variety.


I adore the colours. It said to me: Simple. Primaries. Bright. 

It is simply a white card blank (14.75x10.5cm) stamped up with butterflies from my free Clearly Besotted set from Simply Cards and Papercraft issue 133. I stamped them using Memento dye inks - Dandelion, Bahama Blue, Lady Bug. I also die cut a small piece of yellow cardstock from my Papermania Capsule collection with my new Memory Box Stitched Rectangle dies. I did a bit of overlap stamping, so the butterflies are half on the yellow and half on the white. The panel was then attached with foam pads. The butterfly in the bottom right hand corner is stamped in all three colours - a bit of selective colouring from each pad, which is not that easy.

Thanks for reading, have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fabulous card - love your colorful butterflies! So glad you discovered House of Cards - perhaps I'll see you soon again? Have a great weekend and thanks for playing with us!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fabulous card - love your colorful butterflies! So glad you discovered House of Cards - perhaps I'll see you soon again? Have a great weekend and thanks for playing with us!

Ruth said...

Thank you! I'm pretty sure I'll be back. Your challenges look fun!

Unknown said...

Lovely card Ruth, fab layout.
Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.
Lorry :o) xx

Rocky said...

I love the raised panel in the middle, clever idea and so pretty too. Thank you for joining us at HOC.

Ruth said...

Thank you! I keep going back to check what else is new - so many people do challenges!

Mynn xx said...

I am so glad you found us! This card is super fun--I adore all those stamped butterflies! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

PS: I hope you join in again, and, if you have time, check out Paper Playful for a list of challenges to inspire you every day! :)

Ruth said...

Thank you and thanks for the suggestion. Not much time this week for crafting so far, but hopefully nap time on Thursday! X

Unknown said...

A beautiful card and perfect take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at House of Cards.

Blog design by aleelilydesigns