Thursday 16 April 2015

April Showers

They keep talking about a heat wave, but it's avoiding West Yorkshire at the moment, so with the grey weather in mind I decided to try the challenge at Addicted to CAS - Code word Showers.


The card top is a piece of water colour card die cut from the Memory Box stitched rectangles with the images stamped in Ranger Archival Ink. I used the bicycle from Clearly Besotted's Good Times set (the first thing I purchased from them and it's still my favourite!) and the umbrella from the Mama Elephant Up and Away set. I then added some colour using my Prismallo Aquarelles, and some rain dashes (ME Up and Away) in Memento London Fog. The sentiment (also ME Up and Away) is in Versa Magic Night Sky rather than my usual tuxedo black for a change!

Been a long week without much crafting, and it's funny how frustrated you can get without a bit of 'me' time, so I was grateful for baby's long nap this morning.

Thanks for reading! It's nearly the weekend again and hopefully it will be a bit brighter up north :)

PS Apologies for the not so great picture. I need to work out a better set up in my tiny craft space and also get a decent camera!

5 comments:

Kylie said...

Hopefully you will see sunshine soon! I love the bicycle and umbrella with the added puddles and rain. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, I just love this, I love umbrellas there is just something about them that takes me back to childhood, hugs Pops x

Ruth said...

Thank you Kylie and Pops. We had sunshine today for most of the day :) xx

Deepti said...

Sweet design :) love the duo or umbrella and bicycle . Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

Ruth said...

Thank you Deepti :)

Blog design by aleelilydesigns